Wednesday, August 1, 2012

End of July Musings

HELLO!


Well, after much procrastination, I finally started "the blog", and I'm hoping my random scribblings and photos will be of interest to at least a few readers who like the same things I do - gardening, animals, very amateur photography, junking (antiquing for those with limited budgets and creative minds), decorating and redecorating (hopefully using the "junking" finds), vintage fashion.....gee, I guess it is really many many things swirling around up here in my noggin.  I can't promise to be very organized at first, but I am just going to take the plunge and start blogging!


I spent the last weekend of July at our cottage on Lake Ontario. The weather was again hot and sunny; the grass in the tiny yard is brown and crispy and the only patches of green are the chicory weeds.  I was alone most of the weekend and spent my time bird-watching.  The usual duck flotilla, one momma with still fuzzy ducklings (must be a second hatching), snake-necked cormorants, bald eagles soaring very high on thermal air currents, swallows darting in and out of the boathouse; nothing unusual for cottage viewing.  One of the most delightful sights was a female hummingbird hovering at a lakeside window, collecting spider webs for her nest.  If only I had my camera ready!  But I did capture a small flock of yellow warblers having their evening bath along the shoreline. 






The gentle waves were almost too much for them, but they were enjoying the cool water and didn't mind a good soaking!  I felt the same way and spent much of the afternoons floating around on a yellow inner tube.  Hot, lazy summer afternoons.....nothing tangible accomplished, but good for the soul nonetheless!  


                                                                                           ...Beecreature...









1 comment:

  1. I love your writing! Hope there are many more posts to come<3
    Julie

    ReplyDelete